The Changing of The Seasons







Life Here is has been very eventful. Emma is growing very big. She has a cold so I have to keep the Kleenex's close by. I love this time of year. Not really being outside, but knowing that it is cold outside, curl up in a blanket and drink hot chocolate. If I have time I like to read a book too. Since it has been cold outside I have decided that it is time to bake. I started buying pumpkins to bake with. Mmmm! I have made some pumpkin pies with candied pecans (Delish), and I made some Pumpkin Ribbon Bread. I started listening to Christmas music too. I find that it creates a nice little atmosphere that makes life a little more jolly. I love the holidays. I have candles that smell good too like cinnamon apple so I don't have to bake to get the yummy aromas. I look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not necessarily the hustle and bustle or the gifts, but to remember what it is all about and to give thanks for what I have. Teaching Seminary has been really good. I found a talk on line from Jeffrey R. Holland called "Maybe Christmas Doesn't Come from a Store." It is really good. I think everyone should read it.

Emma is so fun to play with. She loves to run and be chased and tickled. When Daddy comes home that is what they do. Last night before bed we all played. Chris would go down the hall and Emma would start to follow. Chris would turn around and start for Emma who then would turn around and run to me. I would pick her up in time so daddy couldn't tickle her. She loved it and would laugh and want more. It went on for quite some time, way passed her bed time. It wore her out and she slept really good. It is times like that when we need a camcorder.

I am really excited about our Christmas Eve gift. I am going to make Chris and I some pajama pants. Chris is going to get us shirts to go with. I might make some for Emma. I am not an expert, but it will be fun.

Emma loves to play with her belly button. If you say "Ding Dong" she will lift up her shirt and push in her belly button. So cute! If you Say "Where's Emma" she will cover her face looking through her fingers, then take her hands away from her face for you to say "there she is" and want to do it again.
Emma loves to draw. We bought her some crayons, regular and some for the bath tub. It is fun. She had a bubble bath and drew on the bath tub walls. She is so cute. I am still trying to figure this out. The pictures didn't go where I wanted them to go. Oh Well!

2 comments:

Monica said...

YAY!!! I'm leaving you your first comment! How fun! I'm glad you are now a blogger. I told Capri and she was excited to get on to it. Emma is growing up so much. Can't wait to see her at Christmas.

kansaspapa said...

I got here from Matt & Monica's blog. My grandkids are the cutest in the whole world! Emma was so cute in her Halloween bunny costume. I hope you got pictures. Maybe you could put some on here. Love ya, pops