Life has all kind of twists

Well, I was released as a seminary teacher on Sunday. I am not exactly sure of all the details, but I know that the Lord is in control. It is actually an answer to prayer for me and the new seminary teacher. I do have a new calling. I am the Nursery leader in primary. It is so much fun and I really love those kids. They love me too. It is nice to be appreciated by so many. I am sad though because I received a call this morning from a mother of one of my would be seminary students asking if we were having seminary this morning. Her son really wanted me to be his teacher this year. I taught him over the summer for sunday school. a couple of the kids were really sad that I was not going to be their teacher any more. But I told her that I was released and that the new teacher is going to be amazing. She seemed kind of disappointed. But life goes on, right? Right!!! I know that growing is an ever changing process that I don't fully understand how it works in all the details. I just know that Heavenly Father knows though. I am glad of that. Aren't you? If I was completely in charge of my life than it would be a mess. I am glad that Heavenly Father allows us to rely on him for help and advice.  
I went to the new teachers house yesterday to give her all of the books and stuff for seminary. I am sad that I am not going to teach. I was told by the Stake President that if I were to continue to teach that I would not be able to be as effective as I wanted to be because others would not allow me to succeed. I think it is sad that Satan uses even members of the church to accomplish what he wants, but I think that it is for the better that it all happened how it did. I am grateful for all that I learned and to have been able to work with the youth of the church. I am really excited because now I am going to wake up early to exercise instead. I am hoping that now since I won't be so stressed out that I will actually be able to get pregnant. I am hoping and praying that it will happen soon. 
Last sunday was my first Sunday as the nursery leader. I am the only one called in there right now. It went really well. I helped in the nursery when I was in my last ward, so I was trained by the best. I loved how they did everything. It was so structured and organized. I pretty much did what they did, but just a little different. It goes by a lot faster when there are things for the kids to do except play the whole time. 

Emma with Brendan's sunglasses. So cool!

Gardening...
Here are some pictures of my little growing garden. It has been really fun. I am excited for next spring when I have a whole huge garden. I hope it will be successful. It will be in the ground then and I will have a lot more variety. 



These tomatoes are so good when they get ripe. It looks like I will have a lot of ripe ones pretty soon. We have been having tons of rain lately so I haven't had to go out and water them. 

Tomatoes and a Bell Pepper. these bell peppers are so good. They are so sweet. They haven't grown as big as I thought they would, but they are perfect. I wonder since this one is turning red if it will have a different flavor. We are going to make some pizza tonight. I think I am going to use this one on it. Mmmmm!!!!!

We had a storm the other day and this one got knocked off. I was a little sad because it had tomatoes on it and it was flowering which means that I am getting more. I decided to put it in this cup and put it by the window and it started shooting out roots. When the roots get big enough then I will hopefully plant it back outside. The tomatoes in the bowl fell off when the plant got knocked over. I decided to see how they would turn out if I let them ripen inside. The red one I am going to put on the pizza as well. They are so juicy and sweet. I love them. I am so excited. 


This is a serrano pepper. Hot!!!! don't ever eat it plain. bad mistake, for me, not Chris. My tongue was on fire and even milk couldn't calm it. I only took a small bite. Never again!! I picked a lot of them off and gave them to Uncle Alan. I knew that he would use them. I had way too many to know what to do with. I am looking forward for more to grow though because I am planning on making more salsa and canning it and putting it in our food storage in the basement. 
The plant on the left here is also a tomato plant. It grows the bigger tomatoes. I have a few growing on it now. They are getting big. Yay!!! Who would have thought that I would be doing this? It is actually quite rewarding and fun. I have enjoyed it very much. 


Our little project


As you can see in the pictures our beautiful walls. I know, It is ingenious. Who ever thought of that design....Clever!!! ...I know. It is sheet rock. It makes it look like we live in a dump. We have tons of projects here. No, we don't live in the projects, but we have our fair share of them. It is exciting to know that we are getting things done though. Slowly but surely. There was only one sheet of wall paper on it. Thank goodness! But they painted over the wall paper. I was ready to get it all off because our house reeked of stale cigarette smoke and old person. Yuk!!! Let me tell you, it is 100% better now that it is off and out of our house. I can breath!!!




Emma loves to read
Emma loves to read. She is very persistent when she wants to read a book. She will come up to me and say "book." If I put the book down by me she will pick it back up and put it back in my hands and say "Booook." So, I have to read to her. I am glad that she loves books. I didn't much care for them back in the day. 

Papa and Zeke
Zeke is such a sweet kitty. He loves to be loved. He also loves to love. He is so funny. This video he decided to love on Papa and make him his pet. 
We got such a kick out of this video. I am glad that i got it on video. 

More projects
Emma and I decided to go and play outside this morning. Chris and I have stone that we were going to put in our front yard and do a little landscaping. I decided that today was the day. I know that I can't wait for the perfect day to do it or wait for Chris to do it because he is so busy working. Plus by the time he gets home I know that he is tired. So I decided to just do it myself. It was fun working out the little details and getting things put where I wanted it. I think it is going to look really good when it is finished. Especially when we put more dirt in and plant some flowers and such. I love working in the yard. I grabbed some stone, put it in and Emma was looking at my back and said, "oh, hi bug. spyer. hi spyer." I knew what that meant. I had a spider on my back. I went to the door to see if I could see it in the reflection of the window. Sure enough I had a huge spider on my back from the stone. I went inside and flicked it into the sink and it was toast. I am glad that Emma told me. She would have loved it if a spider were crawling on her. She thinks that everything is her friend. Even flies. We were at a friends house last Sunday and she was having the time of her life thinking that a fly was playing with her. Every time  a fly would go past her she would start to laugh hysterically. She loved it. It was so funny. I love that little angel. 


1 comment:

Lois Brown said...

I just found your blog! I hope that it is alright that I add it to my friends list on my blog!!!! You are an amazing woman!