I took the snowflake challenge! Thanks Matt and Monica

So this was my first attempt to making snowflakes. The last time I made a real snowflake was in Elementary school and I am sure they looked about like this too.


I decided to get a little creative and broke out the exacto knife. I know that is cheating, but this is what I got. Christmas trees, reindeer and Santa and snowmen.
These are my mini snowflakes made from the left over paper of making the real snowflakes. I got on line and googled how to make snowflakes. I cheated, but there is an actual tutorial on how to make them. Pretty handy if you want to make good ones.
Here are my masterpieces. I am still learning, but I am pretty proud of them. They are better than my first attempts. this is at our ward Christmas party. Santa is buried in his beard and his belly is popping out of his jacket. Silly Santa. He'd better lay off the milk and cookies for a while if he is going to have room for all of the weight he is going to gain on his big trip around the world eating gumbo and more milk and cookies. Major heartburn or heart attach or even a stroke waiting to happen.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Nice Flakes!!! You're the first to post anything. NICE JOB! Matt's started off like your starts. Even though you "cheated," yours turned out really cool. BTW You look really good in your family picture.