Colorado and Thrift Stores

I went to Colorado to watch Michael and Nikki's kids while they went to Arizona for a couple of days. I drove there in our new mini van, which did very well. It got great gas mileage. Emma did really good the whole way there. She was content watching movies the whole time. we stopped a total of three times just to use the bathroom. I had a cooler full of food that we ate on the way there. I had all of the chairs in the back besides Emma's down since it is a stow-and-go. I had plenty of room for all of our stuff. The drive actually went fairly fast. I was a little tired going, but I did good. That is the first time I have driven by myself for such a long distance. I was a little nervous, but I didn't get lost. I used google map for directions. 
Reagan painting with finger paints
Mom wanted me to let them finger paint them a picture. I decided to let Michael and Nikki do that. When they got home Michael opened it up right away and let them finger paint. He also cleaned them up too. 



Madison with her finger paintings. 
Chase with his baby sister Riley
Riley. She is so sweet. 

Reagan 
Uncle Chris let the kids shave his hair. Chase went first, but I didn't get any pictures in time. 

Madison looks like a serious hair cutter. 

Madison sweeping up Uncle Chris' hair. 




Colorado was a lot of fun. It was a lot of work. Riley kept me on my toes. She is a bottomless pit. When she is hungry she lets you know. She will scream at the top of her lungs until you come and get her. Reagan is also a bottomless pit. Any chance she gets she wants to eat something. She is also full of questions. Her favorite question is "What's your name?" and she will ask you that at least a hundred times a day. She is cute. Madison is a handful. She is a big pouter. If you tell her that you are going to brush her hair she will try to get out of it and pout all the way to the bathroom. She didn't want to take a bath or do anything that she was supposed to do. She is fun too. She is a very boisterous little girl. She only has one volume and that is loud. Chase is fun. the first thing that he wanted to do when I got there was to play the Wii with me. I played and kicked his trash. Not on purpose. He was in school most of the days I was there, so it was fairly quiet during the day. 
All in all it was a lot of fun, and it was more fun when Chris got there on Friday. On the way to the airport the snow was coming down pretty hard, it was at night and I didn't know the airport at all. I was getting a little flustered. I tend to get anxiety attacks when I don't know what I am doing or where I am going. 
I am glad to be home now though. I was happy to go and spend time with the kids. 
On the way home Chris and I stopped in Hays Kansas to eat dinner and we saw a thrift store there as we were heading back to get on I-70. We stopped there after dinner. it was 7:00 pm. We weren't sure if it would be opened, but it was. They closed at 8pm. We got lucky. We usually go to thrift stores to see if they have polyester ties for Chris. We were in luck. They had 13 ties. They were nice too. We also decided to look at clothes for Emma. We found so much stuff for her that seemed almost brand new. All in all we spent about $70. It was a really good deal for all of the stuff we found. I love thrift stores. I found some pants for myself as well. I was happy. 
On the drive home Chris and I played the ABC game, 20 questions and talked a lot. He is great company. I really love spending time with Chris. He makes me very happy. We are definitely in love. 

No comments: