Preparation and thoughts

The holiday season is just around the corner and, well wait a minute it is here. Wow! Thanksgiving is in two days and Christmas is in 32 days. Where has this year gone? Pretty soon we will be in 2010. I feel that I have accomplished a lot and that I have been blessed with even more. I have an amazing husband who goes to great strides to provide for this family and to have fun with us. Emma adores him. He gave a talk this last Sunday. He also blessed the Sacrament. Emma noticed Daddy on the stand and she of course wants nobody else but him. She starts saying "Daddy" really loud and I thought, "Here we go. Time to go out to the hall because she will not give up." As we get up to leave, my grandma, whom I call Nana, said that Chris was looking at me then looked at Nana with a big grin on his face as we were walking out. Emma was saying "Daddy" all the way as we walked out. She is a silly girl.
You know, I am excited for this Christmas season. We are in our new house, I started listening to Christmas music, but still can't convince Chris to put up the decorations yet, but I look forward to our tradition that we started last year. I can't give it away because you might be affected by it. It is top secret!!! Only my good friend Sherra knows. I started it with her last year, though I don't know if it will be her tradition as well, which will be just fine.
Tomorrow I am going to make some pumpkin pies with candied pecans to put on top of them for thanksgiving dinner. The crust is homemade as well. The pie is from an actual pumpkin, which by the way, there is no other way to do it. I am not a pie person, but this is too good to refuse. I am a brownie and ice cream kind of gal. I am also making crescent rolls for thanksgiving. But, if anyone wants a good pumpkin pie recipe I will gladly give it away. It is a Crisco recipe along with the crust. Mmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will give the crescent roll recipe away too. I found it online. I am an online junkie when it comes to recipes. If I have something delicious at a restaurant I have to find the recipe. For example, I had some sort of a burrito at a restaurant with Poblano sauce on it and it was so stinkin' good, I just had to have the recipe. I looked up how to make Poblano sauce and let me tell you it is so easy and very very good. I cook some chicken up salted and peppered and cook up some brown rice with a little lemon juice or lime juice, which ever I am in the mood for, I prefer lime most of the time then add some cilantro after it is cooked, make the Poblano sauce, then I put the chicken on the rice and top it off with some Poblano sauce and that is it. It is so so so very good. You just have to try it. Or Bierocks. Now that is a good recipe to have. I also found it online. I love the internet just so I can have recipes. Chris bought me a folder just for my recipes that I print off from online. As you can tell by the way I ramble about food, I love food! Maybe way too much and sadly enough it shows. I am working on eating less and working out more.
Speaking of working out...Chris and I decided to do Yoga together each night. Last night was our first time doing it. We are doing the P90X yoga. It is 1 1/2 hours long, but we only did 30 minutes of it because it was late. I didn't get up to work out this morning because I was wiped out. I got up yesterday at 5 am to go to the YMCA and ended the day with Yoga. It was an intense day. Today was also a wearing day. I went to Nana's and mowed her lawn. It wasn't that her grass was long, it was that her trees no longer had leaves on them and I mowed her leaves. I bagged 20 huge bags full of leaves. It took me 4 hours to do it by myself. I enjoy yard work, but her yard kills me by the end every time. I have been slacking on doing her yard and decided that I ought to do it before thanksgiving since everyone will be going to her house. It makes me feel good to serve her. Yesterday at the gym I worked my obliques and today doing the yard work I could really feel the effects of it. It hurts so good! No pain no gain right?!
I need to start on my Christmas cards if I am going to get them out on time. Yet another project to work on. Yippy! I do love projects. It keeps me busy. I finished my book so I am kind of lost right now on what to do with myself while Emma plays with her toys. I could play with her, but she prefers to play by herself most of the time. That is how it is in nursery. I don't ever have to worry about her or get after her. She is in her own little world most of the time. It is nice to have her there.
Well, I have rambled long enough. Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

Angie Gray said...

It's fun to read about all your preparations. I'm dying to know what your secret tradition is.