Just Thoughts

A while back I told Chris that I wanted Father in heaven to trust me with anything and I wanted to know that I would do anything he asks of me. Well, I think it is interesting how the Lord works and how he tests us. I feel somewhat in tune with the Spirit. I try to listen and follow His promptings often. The other day I was talking to a friend and they were talking about how a few people in the ward were going to be getting a ward choir going for the ward Christmas program, but there wasn't a ward choir director called yet. For some reason I felt like I should volunteer. I don't know why I do this to myself. I want to be as free as I can so I can do what ever I want to do without being tied down to anything.
Well, a couple of weeks ago a brother from the high council called me on the phone before church started and asked if he could meet with me after church. I agreed. So, after church I met with him and he said, "So I under stand that you are the ward choir director and the nursery leader." then I said, "No, I am just the nursery leader." Well, it all came down to he wanted to extend to me the calling to be the assistant camp director. The camp director is Sister Rawson, who by the way is so totally awesome. I am really excited to go to camp this year with her. It will be fun. So now I have two callings. 
Now, yesterday while I was in nursery Chris comes in during the last block of classes and motions for me to go out in the hall. I follow him to brother Sorenson who is standing in the hall. We go inside a room and brother Sorenson tells me that he wants to extend a calling to me. I am going to officially be the ward choir director. He made mention that every calling I have been given I have volunteered for and that they were aware of that. They knew that I volunteered to be the director until they called someone, but they felt right that it should be me. Hmm! go figure. I told the Lord that I would not ask for another calling again. I guess I didn't ask, I just followed the promptings of the Spirit. That's what I get for being in-tune I guess. Actually, I am a little excited for the calling only because I am musically talented, I have a good ear and I know somewhat of how to direct a choir. How hard can it be right? I have been leading the choir for a couple of weeks now and it seems to be going pretty well so far. I don't know how the people will feel about it though. Hopefully they won't be too disappointed. So now I have three callings. I think that the Lord is letting me know how much he trusts me and how much he can rely on me for many different things. I am glad that he can though. It makes me feel good to know that.  

This morning as I was at the YMCA I started thinking about something. I forgot my ipod at home so it was just me and my thoughts. I have this little decoration that is framed which says, as many have seen, "Live, Laugh, Love." I was thinking about the first which is "Live," and I thought "how do I want to live and how am I living?" Then came to me many things. While we are here we are to live our life to it's fullest. I want to live instead of just being here doing nothing. There are many things I wish to accomplish. I want to stay healthy so I can experience more of life with my family. I want to be a spiritual giant so I can accomplish all of what the Lord has promised me in my Patriarchal blessing. I have many wonderful promises in there. I want to be able to be worthy of them all. Not only that, but I want to accomplish all of what the Lord has for me to do. I want to expand my talents and also acquire new ones. I wish to be better at knitting, by taking a knitting class. I want to take a cake decorating class. Well, these are just a few things I wish to do. But I want to "Live" and not be a lump on a log. My greatest desire is to be free spiritually. I don't want sin to bog me down. I know that I am most happy when I am obeying the Lords commandments. For when I obey then am I truly free. That to me is the biggest part of living. 

The other day I made some homemade Cream of Broccoli soup. It was so very delicious. I found the recipe in my soups and bread  cookbook. I recommend it to all to make. You don't have to get many ingredients. I also made homemade rolls to go with it. Mmmmm! So delicious. 

1 comment:

The Piersons said...

i would love your cream of brocolli soup recipes...thats one of my faves! By the way, I love reading your blog. Thanks for being someone that John can confide in! I hope your doing well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Amanda