It's Birthday Time again!

So yesterday was my birthday and I had such a good day. I got to sleep in which was nice. Well, the night before we went to the Favre's for dinner like we usually do every sunday, played some games with Jacob, Taylor, Uncle Alan, Michael, Aunt Rhonda, Chris and Emma. We played Farkle and Rummy. We always have so much fun over there. It is always hard to leave. We got home way late, but I am glad that we got to sleep in. I slept really good. We woke up at 9, got ready for the day, left at around 10, went to Panera Bread for breakfast because I wanted a Cinnamon crunch bagel with hazelnut cream cheese spread, yummlicious, and a cinnamon chip scone, double yummlicious!! I also got a mango smoothie. It was all so very yummy. It was a perfect start of avery good day.
Next we went to Target to look around. Chris wanted to show me theGPS he wanted to get for his job that was on sale, which was not on sale anymore. We walked around some and wandered in the baby clothes section. It was really cute to see Chris' reaction to some of the clothes that we saw and then purchased. You would have thought we were at a baby shower opening gifts. You know how women react to cute gifts! That was Chris. It was cute to watch.

"Daddy's happy I'm A BOY"

cute little zip up jacket. We also got him a blue jacket that looks like this one. They are way adorable. They would look better if he were modeling them, but he isn't here yet.
"Cuter than the dog"


"I love Mommy sooooo much"

We saw some cute little kid costumes for Halloween. One was a giraffe that we wanted to get for Emma but it was too small because Emma is too big. We decided to go look at the other Target by the mall but it wasn't even there at all. Darn!
After we left the first Target storewe went back to Panera to get another bagel and scone for dad. I was telling Chris that I bet dad hasn't eaten anything and if he has it was probably a can of tuna with some crackers or something. We get to dad's and I ask if he has eaten anything and he said he had. He ate crackers with mayo. I sure do know my dad. I was happy to feed my dad some good food. He is such a good man. We sat and chatted with him for a while then headed to Burlington coat factory to find some onsies to decorate for our little guy. We didn't find any, so we just went to Hobby Lobby to get some fabric and stuff to put on the fabric that you can iron on to clothes. Chris and I are going to decorate some onsies for Everett. I am excited. We were going to do it yesterday, but we ran out of time. When we do I will make sure I put the pictures on the blog.
After Hobby Lobby we go home, I clean the kitchen and make myself a birthday cake. I had to use the skills I learned in my cake decorating class.
I know, Isn't it beautiful. I used the cheap icing though which was not the best idea. It was still good.
So a funny story goes with this cake. We told the Favre's that we would share the cake with them. After I got done with it Chris decided to multi task and put it in the car all ready to go. This is a double layer cake by the way. So we get into the car and I look at the cake. Chris looks so sad. The top of the cake starts to slide off the bottom. It was hot in the car and the cake couldn't handle the heat. Chris felt so bad. I thought it was so funny. I told him that Aunt Rhonda would get a kick out of it. Well, it still tasted really good. We got some Rocky Road ice cream to go with it. Mmmm! The flowers and letters and bottom of the cake was made from buttercream icing so they were nice and stiff still.
When we got home Chris put Emma to bed and we went out to throw the football. Chris really wants my water to break. Well, it didn't work. Oh well!
So this week is Jared, Michael and Matt's birthday as well. Happy Birthday guys!
Jared's is today. He passed away a year ago. Time fly's by so fast. I can't believe it.
Today I plan on making a nursing cover for my friend Caren who is also expecting this month. I am excited about the fabric I got. I am going to make myself another one out of the same fabric.

This is the blanket I made Everett. I am proud of my handy work. It only took a couple of hours to do. I made it out of a blue sheet and a white fuzzy blanket cut down to size then put brown ribbon around it. I love it. It will be really comfy for him.

This is a picture of me 9 months pregnant with our little boy Everett taken today. Not much longer and I will have a smaller belly and be able to fit into my clothes again! I cannot wait for that day to be here. P90X here I come!!! After Turbo Jam of course. I have to work slowly into it.

1 comment:

Ben & Caren Moon said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday with lots of yummy food all day! Congrats you are now apart of the 30+ club.:) I love your cake it turned out great. You need to check out some of my posts on the kids b-day cakes. I bet you might appreciate a few of them. That's so cute the Chris is excited about all the baby clothes. I can't wait to see the cover you are making me!:) Thanks again. You have to tell me when your little guy gets here. I just can't wait for you and me too.:) Love you Alaina