The Long Awaited day is over... Finally!

Everett Lee Green
Born September 18, 2010
Weight: 9 lbs 14 oz
Length: 21 1/2 inches long
Time: 6:50 am



The first time with baby brother. She was so excited to finally meet him and hold him.
Everett is our favorite little boy. can you tell?

So it all started friday morning. We went to the clinic and waited for forever then finally was called back to see the doctor. She checked me and I was dilated at a 4. 1 cm difference from the last checkup. She then decided to strip my membranes; a very painful process. She said that doing that can speed up the process of going into labor. I was very hopeful. If he didn't come soon then our induction date would have been the 20th on a monday. We left the doctor, Emma did really good. then we go to the store to get some groceries and a gift for baby brother from Emma. It was very difficult to walk around. I was huge. It seriously looked as if I were carrying a giant watermelonin my belly. I sure felt like it.
So we get all of our running around done and friday night Chris and I had our date night. We decided to watch a couple of movies. during the first movie I start having contractions. I started timing them and they were 6 to 8 minutes apart pretty consistently. after the first movie we put Emma to bed and start our second movie. I am still timing my contractions and they are still 6 minutes apart. I was waiting for them to get closer together and harder for us to go to the hospital. I did not want them to send us home if they were false labor. that would stink. after the movie we go upstairs and play some phase 10. My contractions werestill being consistent at 6 minutes. then Chris and i decide to read a sheri dew book together. It is pretty late by now. I am exhausted and so is Chris, but I wasn't about to go to sleep and not have this baby. all during the book I would fall asleep and wake up while having a contraction. by this time they are getting worse, but I still thought that they were not strong enough. I finally decide that we should go to sleep and hope that during the night they would get closer together and harder. then as we were going to bed I asked Chris to just call the hospital and double check with them and tell them that my contractions are consistently 6 minutes apart. They said basically that we should come in. This was around 2 am. We called Randall, Chris' brother who lives just two blocks away to see if he can stay with Emma. He came and we were off.
We get there and I was dilated to a 6. Yay! I was elated. We get ahold of Jerusha and she comes after showering. She had a busy day that day. I was glad that she was there, though she missed the birth completely. She had to leave to go home to get the kids ready for their games that day. she left at 6:00 am. at 6:30 the nurse checks me and I was all the way dilated at a 10. I had the epidural, but before they gave me that they tried to put the IV in me. they stuck me six times and each time my skin would start ballooning or they would hit a vessel or something. finally they called in the anesthesiologist. He checked my arm and put it in the inside of my elbow. Not the best place. It was very uncomfortable. I felt like a pin cushion.
So back to the dilated to 10 part. at 6:30 I start pushing and by 6:50 he was out. It was the fasted labor. I didn't expect it to go that fast. They gave me the epidural at just the right time. So we were there only about 4 hours and he was out. I was so happy.
It is now tuesday and I am feeling really good. we came home yesterday. They found a small hole in his heart but nothing to worry about. Everett is a very healthy boy. His is such a good eater. They weighed him the other day and he was 9 lbs 2 oz. but he will quickly get his weight back in no time I am sure of that. My milk has come in and I can pump a lot, so I know that he is eating good.


Baby Everett, we are glad that you are finally here!

3 comments:

Lois Brown said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful and definitely looks like his sister and you!

sherra said...

What a cute little guy!!! I sure wish we lived closer to ya. I cant believe you only pushed for 20 minutes.


P.S. You are one HOTT mom! You seriously dont even looked like you gained a pound.

Ben & Caren Moon said...

Alaina & Chris your little guy is SO dang cute!!! I wish I could meet him in person. Hopefully soon.:) Love you guys!!